Open Stage 2014: Hanmaum Traditional Music and Dance Arts Group
Friday, May 2, 2014 at 7PM
Korean Cultural Service NY
Kim Hwasun (Gayageum)
Chung Jae Young & Jung Jaeryong (Chojeok)
- Jeong NamHui Je Gayageum Sanjo / Hwimori & Gayageum Byeongchang / Seureureong Dungdung
- Gang ChunSeop Je Chojeok / Gukgeori
- Gang ChunSeop Je Chojeok / Hwimori
- Jeong NamHui Je Gayageum Byeongchang / Simcheongga Jung SinSugungga
- Palace Music / Yeongsanhoesang Taryeong
- American folk songs / Oh! Susanna. When You I Were Young Maggic.
- Popular songs / Soyanggang Cheonyeo etc.
- Korean folk song / Medley of Arirang
- Medley of Cheonan Samgeori, Saseol Nanbongga
Hanmaum Traditional Music and Dance Arts Group was founded in 1990, by Gayageum Master Kim Hwasun. They have been introducing Korea traditional music to the world. So through performing and education, the group has been trying to preserve, disseminate and develop Korea traditional music for over 20 years.
This concert is led by Gayageum Virtuoso "Kim Hwasun" and the Chojeok Brothers "Chung Jaeyoung" and "Jung Jaeryoung", and they will introduce Jeong Namhui and Gang Chunsub's musical work. Gayageum Virtuoso "Kim Hwasun" and the Chojeok Brothers "Chung Jaeyoung" and "Jung Jaeryong" reproduce restored Master Jeong Namhui's Gayageum and Gang Chunsub's Chojeok first time after a 76-year hiatus. In addition to Jeong Namhui and Gang Chunsub's masterpiece, this performance will show various genres such as Gayageum Sanjo, Gayageum Byeongchang, Chojeok Sanjo,, Chojeok palace music, popular songs, Korean / American folk songs, nursery rhymes, etc.