The 19th World Korean Traditional Music Competition
Friday, June 28th, 2019, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Palisades Park High School Auditorium
1 Veterans Plaza, Palisades Park, NJ 07650
Tickets: FREE to attend
(To participate in the Competition, there is a fee.)
The Traditional Art Society of Korea (TASK) presents the 19th World Korean Traditional Music Competition to promote the traditional culture of Korea and to nurture Korean traditional music by supporting promising musicians. This event has been a significant event to inspire pride in Korean culture and to take part in establishing the identity of Koreans. Interested individuals and organizations are encouraged to participate in this event.
- Korean Traditional Song (Pansori, Korean Folk songs (Minyo))
- Korean Traditional Dance
- Korean Traditional Instrumental music (wind instruments, string instruments, percussions, Pungmul, Samulnori)
Individuals and groups with skills and passion for Korean Traditional music and dance
The final recipients will be selected on the day of the competition.
Benefits for Award Winners
- Grand Prize Award from the Prime Minister of Korea
- Grand Prize Award from the Minister of Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism of Korea
- Opportunity to perform in the Traditional Art Society of Korea’s event
Competition schedule and required documents
- Submission of Application: June 1 - June 20, 2019 (6 PM, EDT)
- Announcement of the Winners: June 28, 2019
- Required Documents: Registration form (profile photo and ID(Senior applicants only) need to be attached)
E-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual: $100
- Two people: $200
- Three to four people: $300
- More than 5 people: $400
(Check payable to Traditional Art Society of Korea)
* Documents submitted will not be returned.
For more information and any inquiry, please visit www.taskusa.org, call Traditional Art Society of Korea at 201-566-4947 / 732-682-3966 or email to email@example.com.