The 18th World Korean Traditional Music Competition
Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Pine Plaza Banquet 7
(Broad Ave. 4th floor, Palisades Park, NJ 07650)
The Traditional Art Society of Korea (TASK) presents the 18th World Korean Traditional Music Competition to promote the traditional culture of Korea and to nurture Korean traditional music by supporting promising musicians. This event has been a significant event to inspire pride in Korean culture and to take part in establishing the identity of Koreans. Interested individuals and organizations are encouraged to participate in this event.
- Korean Traditional Song (Pansori, Korean Folk songs(Minyo))
- Korean Traditional Dance
- Korean Traditional Instrumental music (wind instruments, string instruments, percussions, Pungmul, Samulnori)
Individuals and groups with skills and passion for Korean Traditional music and dance
* Applicants who received a Grand Prize from the Prime Minister or from the Minister of Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism of Korea in the previous year may compete again, but cannot be awarded a Grand Prize until after 3 years have passed.
- Applications will be pre-screened by TASK with accordance to selection criteria.
- Those who have passed the pre-screening via documents will receive an e-mail notification from TASK.
- The final recipients will be selected on the day of the competition.
Benefits for Award Winners
- Grand Prize Award from the Prime Minister of Korea
- Grand Prize Award from the Minister of Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism of Korea Opportunity to perform in the Traditional Art Society of Korea’s event
Competition schedule and required documents
- Submission of Application: May 15th - June 20th 2018
- Announcement of the Winners: June 23rd 2018
- Required Documents: Registration form (profile photo and ID(Senior applicants only) need to be attached)
2 Ways for Submission
- Mail to Traditional Art Society of Korea office (TASK), 40 Broad Avenue 2nd floor, Palisades Park, NJ 07650 (Check payable to Traditional Art Society of Korea (TASK))
- E-mail to email@example.com
- Individual: $100 (per person)
- Two people: $200
- Three to four people: $300
- More than 5 people: $400
* Documents submitted will not be returned.
For more information, please call Traditional Art Society of Korea at 646-861-8457 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.