The 4th Korean Theatre Festival in New York
June 29 - July 3, 2016
The Secret Theatre
(44-02 23rd Street Long Island City, New York 11101)
Tickets: $10(General)/ $7(Student, Senior)
- Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 at 8PM - Counselor
- Thursday, June 30th, 2016 at 8PM - Counselor
- Friday, July 1st, 2016 at 8PM - Same Story, Different Day
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2016 at 4PM & 8PM - The Genius Magician
- Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 at 4PM - Same Story, Different Day
The Genius Magician, Young-Sil Chang
- Concieved & Produced by Hyun Jin Ham
- Directed by Du-Yee Chang
- Performed by Hyun Jin Ham(Chang Young- Sil)
- Gui Soon Park(Devil)
A genius magician, Young-Sil who lives in a beautiful fictional world, is a revival of Young-Sil Chang, a genius inventor from Chosun dynasty. Nature lover, Young-Sil fights with his magic against villains of garbage, who essentially destroy the nature. With his magic, Young-Sil cleanses dirty water, makes fish out of a picture book, and revives a dead rabbit which also blossoms a flower. He creates a dreamy, loving world with his magic of nature to recreate anything that was destroyed from our nature.
- Written & Directed by Hyun Suk Cha
- Performed by Seoungho Jeoung & Sangho Yoon
Seoungho Jeoung, who owns a coffee shop and counsels people who are wounded psychologically, does not remember what he has done in the past. On his wife’s memorial day, when he does not open his coffee shop, Sangho Yoon comes and Seoungho gets his memory back. Sangho Yoon who got psychologically damaged, tries to check his wound in the past and they try to reconcile through the game of truth.
Same Story, Different Day
<65th Year memorial play for The Korean War>
- Written & Directed by Dae Hyun Kim
- Performed by Du-Yee Chang(Sung Min)
- Dae Hyun Kim(Sung Min’s Father)
- Euiyoung Seo(Crazy Woman)
- Jeonghee Seol(Keum-Soon, Sung Min’s First Wife)
- Sunhee Choi(Soon Ock, Sung Min’s 2nd Wife)
- Seokhyun Choi(Soldier)
- Minjae Park(Tong Il/Soldier)
- Jinho Shin(Haeng Jin/Solidier)
- Seung-Ah(Ockhee, Sung Min’s Daughter)
In early 1950s, around Pyongyang, Sung-Min’s father, knowing horrible situation going on, tells Sung-Min to go down to the Chum-Jie Kim’s house in Seoul. Sung-Min who just got married to Keum-Soon had to leave his wife and his home. That was the last day that he saw his wife and his home. Keum-Soon, with Sung-Min’s baby, tries to find Sung-Min for a long time. On the other hand Sung-Min who hated the world becomes good for nothing and wanders around. While Keum-Soon loses her married son through Vietnam War, finally meets her long lost husband, Sung-Min on a TV show, which helps separate families to meet together because of Korean War.
For more information, please visit www.secrettheatre.com or call at 718-392-0722.