Chaeree Kaang Band
Friday, March 21, 2014 at 7PM
Korean Cultural Service New York
(460 Park Ave. 6th Floor, NYC)
Performers: Chaeree Kaang, Fabrizio Sciacca, Jongkuk Kim, Cosimo Boni, Cho Young Ahn
The Korean Cultural Service New York proudly presents a distinguished Jazz group <Chaeree Kaang Band> which is critically selected by our judges as the fourth performance of 2013-2014 Open Stage performing arts series. It will take place at the Gallery Korea of Korean Cultural Service New York on March 21st, 2014.
Acclaimed by legendary producer Quincy Jones as a “crown jewel,” eighteen-year-old pianist, Chaeree Kaang was born in 1995 in Seoul, Korea. In 2011, Kaang was awarded Berklee College of Music’s Presidential Scholarship, which offers full tuition and living expenses.
At the Korean Cultural Service New York, with her friends, Kaang will make New York debut and present various dynamic programs such as her own compositions, Korean traditional folk pieces, traditional jazz pieces, and more.
The Performance will offer free admission, but RSVP is required. Please reserve your seat through the Korean Cultrual Service New York’s Website at www.koreanculture.org and direct all related inquiries to 212-759-9550 (ex.205) or email email@example.com.
- Take The ‘A’ Train by Billy Strayhorn
- Solar by Miles Davis + Footprints by Wayne Shorter
- Joy Spring by Clifford Brown
- Cherish by Chaeree Kaang
- You Are So Beautiful by Dennis Wilson, Billy Preston, and Bruce Fisher
- Giant Steps by John Coltrane
- Well You Needn’t by Thelonious monk
- Handstand by Chaeree Kaang
- Spring In My Hometown by Nan-Pa Hong