DEADLINE EXTENDED: September 5th, 2017 | 12:00 AM EST
Please submit your entry requirements to email@example.com
In celebration of D-100 days until the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, the Korean Cultural Center New York will be hosting a one-of-a-kind exhibition this coming November. In preparation, we invite all visual artists, creators, and designers to participate in a great opportunity to showcase one’s unique creativity inspired by the attributes of the Pyeongchang Olympics.
With an official slogan of “Passion. Connected.” the global event aims to exude the spirit of harmony, people, passion, friendship, possibility, fairness, peace, advancement, movement, play, power, balance, joy, drama, challenge, and sports among other key elements. Following this idea, KCCNY asks for inspired participants to create their own interpretations of “Passion. Connected.” by decorating and designing a helmet! After review, KCCNY will be choosing 100 notable designs to showcase during the exhibition to represent the global celebration.
In order to participate, please review all of the following requirements for the “Passion. Connected.” exhibition, and we look forward to sharing the spirit and excitement for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics with the great city of New York!
Please submit an application and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume or CV
- Concept sketch/ visual presentation for a winter helmet (preferred format: .jpeg saved at 300 dpi or pdf).
- Your design MUST be inspired by the officially designated Olympic keywords: harmony, people, passion, friendship, possibility, fairness, peace, advancement, one, movement, play, concentration, power, balance, space, joy, drama, festival, speed, challenge, sports
- A written proposal of your work (no more than 500 words) that includes: a brief overview of the concepts and symbolism behind your work, specifics of the artwork, (if applicable) how it relates to the artist's purpose and philosophy, methods and materials, etc.
- 100 selected artists will receive a white winter sports helmet. Helmet will be available for pick up from August 22nd to 25th (9AM to 5PM) from the Korean Cultural Center New York offices.
- Draw, paint, re-design, and show your creativity and passion!
- Deliver/ Drop off your completed helmet artwork to the Korean Cultural Center New York by September 22nd (9AM to 5PM)
- For students who are traveling overseas during summer break and unable to pick up the helmet during the pick-up period, please email us to designate a separate pick up time (latest pick up date: August 31st, 5PM).
- Your designed helmet will be returned to you after the completion of the exhibition
MEDIUM(Winter Sports Helmet)
Color - White
Product Dimensions - 10 x 10 x 10 inches; 2.6 pounds
Size - Small (48-53 cm)
* Please note, when displayed in the exhibition, the top of helmet will be facing outward (away from the wall).
Timeline of Application Process and Exhibition
September 5th, 2017 | 12:00 AM EST
(Includes: Resume or CV, helmet design sample, written proposal to email@example.com)
For Selected Applicants Only
SEPTEMBER 6 - 8, 2017 | 9AM – 5PM
Pick up helmet at the Korean Cultural Center New York (460 Park Avenue, 6th Floor, NYC)
BY SEPTEMBER 22 , 2017 | 5PM
Submit your helmet artwork to the Korean Cultural Center New York
460 Park Avenue, 6th Floor, NYC
NOVEMBER 1, 2017
First day of the Exhibition and
D-100 for Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games
JANUARY 31, 2018
Last day of the Exhibition
The Korean Cultural Center New York assumes responsibility for insuring and caring for the works of art selected for exhibition while they are in our possession. However, the KCCNY will not assumes cost of shipping and any additional travel cost for the participants. The KCCNY reserves the right to photograph and reproduce any entry submitted for educational or publicity purpose.