New York Asian Film Festival: Korean Film Screening
June 30 - July 16, 2017
Film Society of Lincoln Center and SVA Theatre
The Korean Cultural Center New York is pleased to invite moviegoers, film enthusiasts, and everyone in between to join us for the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF)!
Taking place from June 30 to July 16th, the NYAFF will feature an eclectic mix of films including the many works of new and rising South Korean filmmakers. Boasting of controversial subjects, these films will illustrate complex themes, such as LGBTQ issues and juvenile delinquency, in a manner that is both specific to the country of origin but ultimately universal as a whole.
This year, the Closing Gala will be the U.S. Premiere of Jung Byung-gil’s thriller The Villainess starring Kim Ok-vin as the female protagonist. Director Jung will be present at the screening to showcase his work which has won the Dan Craft Award for Action. In addition, festival honoree and Star Asia Award recipient Gang Dong-won will attend the screening of the 2016 fantasy film Vanishing Time. In addition, actress Han Yeri of A Quiet Dream, director Cho Hyun-hoon of Jane, and director Jung Yoon-suk of Bamseom Pirates Seoul Inferno will all be in attendance with brief Q&A's following their respective films.
As the leading North American Asian film festival, the New York Asian Film Festival seeks to continuously showcase diverse content, and with the immense lineup this summer it will surely not disappoint!
Please visit www.filmlinc.org/festivals/new-york-asian-film-festival and www.subwaycinema.com for more info, full film schedules, and to buy tickets!
The full lineup of Korean film screenings are follows:
July 1, Saturday
- 3:00 - 4:36 p.m. - "A Single Rider" (싱글라이더|2016|97 min|Drama)
July 3, Monday
- 7:00 - 8:42 p.m. - "The Truth Beneath" (비밀은 없다|2016|102 min|Thriller)
July 4, Tuesday
- 12:30 - 2:19 p.m. - "Fantasy of the Girls" (소녀의 세계|2017|109 min)
- 2:45 - 4:46 p.m. - "Ordinary Person" (보통사람|2017|121 min|Drama)
July 5, Wednesday
- 9:00 - 10:49 p.m. - "The Tooth and the Nail" (석조저택 살인사건|2017|109 min|Thriller, Suspense)
July 9, Sunday
- 12:30 - 2:37 p.m. - "Split" (스플릿|2016|121 min|Drama)
July 11, Tuesday
- 8:45 - 10:45 p.m. - "Bamseom Pirates Seoul Inferno" (밤섬해적단 서울불바다|2017|120 min|Documentary)
- 10:45 - 11:15 p.m. - Q&A with Director & Bamseom Pirates
July 12, Wednesday
- 9:15 - 10:56 p.m. - "A Quiet Dream" (춘몽|2016|101min|Drama)
- 10:57 - 11:20 p.m. - Q & A with Director & Actor
July 13, Thursday
- 6:30 - 8:14 p.m. - "Jane" (꿈의 제인|2016|104 min|Drama)
- 8:15 - 8:30 p.m. -
Brief Q & A with Director & Actors
- 9:00 - 11:10 p.m. - "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned"(가려진 시간|2016|129 min|Drama, Fantasy) Intro with Actor Gang Dong-won (Star Asia Award)
July 15, Saturday
- 3:00 - 5:06 p.m. - "Fabricated City" (조작된 도시|2017|126 min|Action, Crime)
July 16, Sunday
- 8:30 - 10:39 p.m. - "The Villainess" (악녀|2017|123 min|Action) Intro with Director, Dan Craft Award for Action