Frequently asked questions 


+ Need Korean Cultural Center NY Logo?

Click here to download.

+ Are you planning an event that would help bring Korean culture into the mainstream?

If so, we may be able to help. In the past, we have assisted groups and individuals by allowing them to use our gallery for their event, assisting their publicity efforts, lending out equipment (such as Korean musical instruments), and so on.

We are interested in assisting both organizations and individuals, such as artists and musicians, in the northeastern region of the United States.

Please contact us early in your planning process to see if we can help you with your Korean cultural event.

+ Where can I contact traditional Korean dancers and singers to perform at my event?

For traditional Korean song and dance :

  • Korean Traditional Music and Dance Institute of NY
    (718) 961-9255
  • Korean Traditional Performing Arts Association
    (212) 921-9344
  • NARU Korean Contemporary Performing Arts, INC. (NARU KCP ARTS, INC)
    Studio 305 West 38 St. NY, NY 10018

For samulnori

  • Nori Korea
    (718) 429-6734
  • Korean Traditional Percussion Group
    (718) 305-3798

Other Korean offices and organizations

  • Korean Trade Investment Promotion Center (KOTRA)
    (212) 826-0900
  • Korean Tourism Organization (KTO)
    (201) 585-0909

+ I’m coming to your event. Where can I park?

There are garages located on 58th Street between Lexington and Park Avenues and on 57th Street between Lexington and Park Avenues. Also, street parking is available after 7 pm on Park Avenue between 57th and 58th streets. If you park on the street, please take the time to verify the parking rules; the Korean Cultural Center NY assumes no responsibility for any visitors’ parking tickets or violations.

+ How can I apply for sponsorship of my Korean cultural event?

From time to time, the Korean Cultural Center NY sponsors events such as Korean film festivals and performances of traditional Korean culture. In order to apply for sponsorship, please send a proposal and whatever materials you have (the more information the better) to:

  • Korean Cultural Center NY
    460 Park Ave., 6th Floor
    New York, NY 10022

We will contact all who are chosen for sponsorship. If you have any questions, please call (212) 759-9550.

+ How can I make an appointment to view one of your films in your viewing area?

Please contact at (212) 759-9550 or at Please keep in mind that the viewing areas are designed for individuals and are inappropriate for group viewings. At our discretion, we may set up group movie viewings in the gallery.

+ I live far away from the Korean Cultural Center NY. Can I have videos, books, or DVD mailed to me?

As a general rule, the Korean Cultural Center NY will not mail out any materials to individuals aside from complimentary brochures and/or maps. On occasion, at our own discretion we may send out materials to educational institutions. Please contact the librarian at for more information.

+ What do I need in order to check out books from the Korean Cultural Center NY Library?

Borrowers must present two forms of identification when applying for a library card from the Korean Cultural Center NY Library. One of the identification cards should have a current address on it. Online registration is not available at this time. Borrowers must be present at the library to check out materials.

The decision to grant borrowing privileges is entirely at the discretion of the librarian and the staff of the Korean Cultural Center NY. Borrowing privileges may be revoked at any time.

No. Gallery Korea is open to all artists. Please submit your work for consideration.

The Gallery Korea curator is in charge of selecting all work to be exhibited in the gallery. The best way to submit your work to the curator is through paper mail. Put together a short proposal, brief biography of yourself, and color pictures or slides of your work, and mail them to:

Gallery Curator

  • Gallery Korea
    460 Park Ave., 6th Floor
    New York, NY 10022

If you have any questions, please contact the gallery curator at (212) 759-9550 or at

+I have questions about my visa or passport.

Please contact the Korean Consulate General of New York at (646) 674-6000.

+ I’m traveling to Korea next month. Where can I get traveler information?

The Korean Cultural Center NY has many complimentary maps, travel brochures, and booklets on Korean culture. Please visit our office at 460 Park Avenue to pick up these items. If it is not possible for you to visit, we may be able to mail a limited number of items to you. Contact the librarian at (212) 759-9550 or at for more information. Mailing and giving these brochures is entirely at the discretion of the Korean Cultural Center NY.

Further information is available at the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) website,

+ What is your fax number?

(212) 688-8640

+ How can I contact the Korean Consulate General?

  • The Korean Consulate General of New York
    Tel. (646) 674-6000
  • Public Office (Visa Section)
    460 Park Ave. (bet.57th & 58th St.) 6th Fl. New York, NY 10022
  • Main Office
    335 E. 45th St., New York, NY 10017

+ Where can I take Korean language classes?

There are many places to take Korean language classes. Here are a few:

  • Korea Society
    950 Third Ave., (at 57th St.), 8th Floor
    New York, NY 10021
    (212) 759-7525
  • New York Broadway Korean School
    PS 33
    281 9th Ave.
    New York, NY 10001
    (646) 221-8661
  • Korean Cultural Research, Inc.
    38 West 32nd St., #1112
    New York, NY 10001
    (212) 563-5763