Korean Culture Camp: Dragon Story
August 22nd~24th, 2012
Let’s meet Korea through fun activities: creative drama, art, and traditional music. The theme of The 3rd Korean Culture Camp for Children is the Year of the Dragon. Students will develop their creativity, study the meaning of the Dragon, and learn about Korea in various ways.
For grades K- 5
- Class I for Grades K-1 (12 people/class)
- Class II for Grades 2-3 (14 people/class)
- Class III for Grades 4-5 (14 people/class)
- Eunju Na (Coordinator)
- Korean Language Lecturer, New York University
- Chong-Ho Kim (Creative Drama)
- Teaching Artist
- Translator/Editor, “Theatre for Young Audiences” Play Series
- Seongmin Ahn (Art)
- Instructor painting workshop at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Queens Museum
- NYURI, New York University Rhythmic Impulse (Music - Samulnori)
* Lunch will not be provided. Please bring your own!
* The program will be conducted in both English and the target language, Korean.
* Please note that we are unable to administer any medication to children.
Fee: $40 per student (including all activity materials)
To register, call (718) 463-7700 x241 or http://www.flushingtownhall.org/events/event.php?id=927