<2013-2014 Open Stage> Application Guidelines
|Application Deadline: Friday, July 5, 5PM (EDT)|
Korean Cultural Service New York presents the opportunity for talented performers/performing arts organizations to perform their work in New York City by communicating with audiences in New York through the <2013-2014 Open Stage> public contest. Selected performers/performing arts organizations will have the opportunity to co-host the event and to be featured in one performing arts series at the Gallery Korea of Korean Cultural Service New York in 2013-2014. Deadline for submission is 5PM, July 5(Friday), EDT. Please review the guidelines carefully and fill out the application form.
- Title: 2013-2014 Open Stage
- Purpose: To support the revitalization for creating arts through offering performance opportunities to talented performers/performing arts organizations
- Performance Venue: Gallery Korea(460 Park Avenue 6th Floor, New York, NY 10022)
- Performance Schedule: Dates will be decided after discussing with selected performers/performing arts organizations.
II. Application Genre Categories
- Music: Korean Traditional Music, Classical Music, Jazz, etc.
- Dance: Korean Traditional Dance, Contemporary/Modern Dance, Ballet, etc.
- Theater: Plays, Musical Theaters, etc.
- Multidisciplinary: Mime, Nonverbal Performance, Korean Traditional Folk Theater, etc.
III. Application Requirements
- The applicant must perform within the 2,000ft² performance area of Gallery Korea.
- The length of performance must not exceed two hours (Including intermissions).
For continuing support for providing performance opportunities to performers/performing arts organizations through the annual Open Stage, Korean Cultural Service New York has the following application regulations:
- Applicants who intend to fundraise with a benefit concert through 2013-2014 Open Stage are not eligible.
- Applicants who are not selected as a recipient in 2013-2014, are eligible to re-apply for Open Stage the following year
- Applicants who are selected as a recipient in 2013-2014 are not eligible to re-apply for Open Stage for the following two years
- Applicants who are selected as a recipient in 2012-2013 are not eligible to re-apply for Open Stage 2013-2014
V. Selection Process and Methods
Specialist panels in performing arts industries will review the application materials and evaluate applicants based on selection criteria as determined by professional panels
VI. Benefits for Selected Recipients
- A stage will be provided for the performance: Gallery Korea(Seating Capacity: 100)
- Korean Cultural Service New York will offer TC Electric M. One XL Technology Dual Effects Processor. Korean Cultural Service New York will not provide any other technical support.
- Support for advertising and PR for the performance including multiple PR materials
- Korean Cultural Service New York will give a small artist fee to the performers/performing arts organizations after completing the performance.
A space for rehearsal will be provided: Gallery Korea
• Before the performance date, one rehearsal opportunity is available from 6-9pm.
• On the performance day, rehearsal space is available from 6-7pm.
Reception will be provided before or after the performance.
• Korean Cultural Service New York will serve refreshments in the Gallery lobby for the recipients who are selected to perform.
*Korean Cultural Service New York will support only the expenses related to staging the performance but will not sponsor a U.S. Visa for the performers in addition to the expense of hotels, meals, transportation and studio rental for extra rehearsals. The recipient who is from Korea cannot perform in the U.S. with a tourist visa.
VII. Application Schedule and Required Documents
- Application Deadline: 5PM, July 5(Friday), EDT.
- Announcement of Results: During July in 2013, Korean Cultural Service New York will notify recipients individually via telephone or email
Documents and Materials for the Submission: The application must be filled out in a prescribed format. Please download it from the Korean Cultural Service New York website.
• Completed application form
• Work Samples(Video, Audio, Photos, etc)
(If this performance would be a premier, you must submit work samples of your past production/performances.)
• Other materials if applicable
Address for Submission:
Korean Cultural Service New York (460 Park Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10022)
Application postmark deadline is July 5th, 2013 at 5pm(EDT).
All correspondence and application forms should be addressed to
Attn: <2013-2014 OPEN STAGE> application
Korean Cultural Service New York
460 Park Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10022
VIII. Additional Information
- Performance space and dates subject to change depending on the results of the public contest.
- Korean Cultural Service New York will retain all submitted documents and materials that are sent in. KCSNY is unable to return submitted work samples.
- All performances are free and open to the public.
- Contact: Korean Cultural Service New York, Performing Arts Manager, Young Hwan Choi(email@example.com, 212-759-9550(x205) or Hyo Han(firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-759-9550(x210))